Google Groups Email Listserv
We have an informal email listserv for exchanging ideas, questions, or comments about anything gluten-free related: restaurants, stores, recipes, etc. If you’d like to join the list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!
Kroger Gift Card Fundraiser
Our group is assigned NPO number 12118. Please refer to this number when signing up for Community Rewards.
TO USE THE KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM:
- Simply encourage your members to register online at krogercommunityrewards.com
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
- If a member does not yet have a Kroger Plus card, please let them know that they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter NPO number or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
The Community Programs Staff
If you purchase products from Amazon.com through this link on our web site, our group gets about 4% of the purchase price: Gluten Free at Amazon.com This works on books, food, and pretty much anything else Amazon offers!
Our Group’s Favorite GF Products
During our March 2012 meeting, members shared some of their favorite GF products. Here is a list of those products, and where members reported finding them.
- Glutino Genius Bread — Rainbow Blossom in Middletown
- Enjoy Life English Muffins
- Whole Foods Cheddar biscuits in the freezer section
- Against the Grain bagels and rolls
- Schärs Ciabatta rolls — Rainbow Blossom & Meijer
- Canyon House Bakery — Target, Earth Fare, ValuMarket, Whole Foods, Luckys
Cookies & Crackers:
- Enjoy Life Snickerdoodles
- Ener-G crackers
- Yehuda Matzo Squares (seasonal) — Amazon and Whole Foods
- Jovial fig bars (similar to Fig Newtons) — Rainbow Blossom
- K-Toos (KinniToos) an Oreo-type cookie — Rainbow Blossom and Whole Foods
- Kinnikinnick Smorables — Whole Foods, Rainbow Blossom, Meijer
Flours & Mixes:
- Domata Flour — online from Amazon, Gluten-Free Mall, and Free-From-Gluten
- Pamela’s Pancake Mix
- Simply Organic Banana Bread mix — Rainbow Blossom
- Hodgson Mill Bread Mix
- Yamaste All-Purpose flour
- Jules Flours & Mixes — gfjules.com
- Heartland Pastas — WalMart
- Hodgsden Mill Angel hair pasta — Kroger
- Pastariso by Maplegrove — online at maplegrovefoods.com/products.html
- DeBoles oven-ready lasagna — Rainbow Blossom
Snacks & Other Foods:
- Mrs. Leiper’s Tuna Helper
- Olé corn tortillas — Kroger
- Trader Joe’s trail mix
- Kellogg’s GF Rice Krispies — available at most groceries
- Silk Almond Milk
- Amish Country soft pretzels — Rainbow Blossom in St. Matthews
- Udi’s Granola — Kroger
- Gefen Foods (Kosher) — available online at mykoshermarket.com
- St.Dalfour French Bistro — some gluten-free ready to eat canned meat/vegetables on VitaCost.com and Amazon.
Udi’s Products at Kroger & Costco
Many Kroger stores are now carrying Udi’s items. In some stores, they are located in the bakery section with the cakes and donuts. Other stores carry them in the frozen natural foods section. It is always nice to support our local stores! Costco carries the larger loafs of Udi’s bread.
Trader Joe’s is located in the Shelbyville Road Plaza (4600 Shelbyville Rd.) Click here for a list of No Gluten Ingredients Used items (Remember to always read labels, as ingredients and suppliers can change.)
Lucky’s: 200 N Hurstbourne Pkwy, Louisville, KY 40222 — (502) 883-4781. They carry an extensive organic, specialty, and gluten free selections as well as quality, fresh produce from a wide range of local farms. They also carry some dairy free items not found in other stores.
Located at 4320 Summit Plaza Dr #5, Louisville, KY 40241 — has well marked aisles for gf items.